Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tiger Talk!!

First, let me begin by saying,
GO TIGERS!!!



I have watched more basketball this year during March than ever before. Here at FM 100 (and at home) we picked teams in each bracket so that gives us reason to cheer on teams we might not have even watched before. Plus, my kids are really into it this year. They are 5 and 7 years old and LOVE basketball....especially the Memphis Tigers. I must admit I have always enjoyed Tiger basketball myself. I am from Memphis, I was born and raised here, but I did not go to the U of M. So while I cheer for my Alma mater, the University of Alabama, I have an equal allegiance to the U of M.... Memphis State as it was once called.

So, with all this basketball I have been watching, I feel like quite the armchair quarterback (of basketball anyway)......I know which players I like, which ones I think should go back on the bench and which ones I'll be sad to see go after this season. While I enjoy watching Coach Cal on the sidelines and all the guys play, I must admit a favorite for me has emerged... CDR.....Chris Douglas-Roberts.....why?

Of course, his basketball ability is one reason, and my 7 year old, Zachary, got a Memphis jersey with the #14 and yes, that is the number of CDR. He likes CDR too! I'd like to say congrats to the junior guard as he has been named one of four finalists for the 2008 Naismith Men's College Player of the Year Award. Go CDR and Go Tigers!! Beat Michigan State on Friday!!
My son just bought this pennant over the weekend and has it proudly displayed on his wall!!