Monday, June 28, 2010

ahhhh....doughnuts.......


Ahhhh……donuts……I feel like Homer Simpson when I say it. Then to spell it…..is it DONUT or DOUGHNUT….we’ll go on the assumption that both are acceptable. :)

So, why the blog about donuts?


Well, today, Steve announced he wanted a bear claw and wondered how long it would take round trip to get from our east Memphis studio to Gibson’s Donuts. (It was 15 minutes in case you are curious!) He returned with not 1, not 2, but 3 boxes of donuts. One was specially marked for me. I expected it would be a cake donut as he knows that is my favorite. Inside that box, not 1, not 2, but EIGHT cake donuts. (As pictured above!) One of every variety they offer!


So, early on at 6:45am the willpower was on. I selected the cinnamon sugar cake donut as my lone choice. And being so smug that I had my willpower on, I stated teasing Steve that he had almost 2 entire bear claws…. around 45 grams of fat the best we can figure. Well, as fate has it, every time I tease anyone it comes back on me. My willpower faded close to 9:00am, I had the blueberry cake donut and now Steve and I are coming down off our sugar high. We are getting tired and grumpy right about now, but for those glorious moments as we indulged in our tasty treats, we were happy…and would still be if we believed in moderation!!!! Oh, well lesson learned. We will do better next time.