Thursday, October 16, 2008

A new radio adventure for Karen!!!!!

It was in May of 1994 that I joined the FM 100 Morning show, then it was with Ron and Steve. Today, almost 14 1/2 later, it is the Ron and Karen show and today is my last day at FM 100.



This is a day that is filled with many emotions. The company we work for, Entercom, owns many radio stations in the Memphis area. They decided one of those stations (94.1) needed some changing and they starting making plans. Those plans included me. The more we talked, the more I realized it was quite an opportunity to consider. Of course, after 14 1/2 years with Ron, I hoped he would be in that plan, but they said (and we all know!) Ron needs to stay at FM 100. However, at the same time, the company also knows of my loyalty to this station. Corporate knew certain things would need to be in place for me to even contemplate leaving the FM 100 home I have known for so long. One way for me to consider it, put Steve Conley in the mix. Yes, the Steve who two years ago left the morning show.

So, after careful consideration and many, many phone calls.......the plan in place is to let Ron hold down the fort here at FM 100, and I will join with Steve Conley once again, but this time, we will head left of the dial, to 94.1. While it will be different stations you hear us on, we are still one big radio family behind the scenes.



I look forward to the challenge and the excitement of a new radio station, at the same time, I leave FM 100 with some of the best memories of my life. I will always cherish my time here....even when Ron was busy making up lies about me when I was on vacation or when the last thing I wanted to do was to get up at 3:45!! I enjoyed everyday (okay, with the exception of one or two) at FM 100. At first I was worried Ron would be lonely. We are the best of friends and I am the one of many of his in-air partners who managed to stick around the longest. But Ron will have you and Brett and Marla to keep him company. While I hope you continue your allegiance to FM 100, I certainly invite you to give the new 94.1 a try....Steve and I will be there ready to welcome you to our new radio home.