Friday, August 15, 2008

It's my birthday.....


Well, well, well, ladies I may have figured it out.
I may have figured out how to make your man buy you a birthday gift.
I know for some of you, the special person in your life is already a "gift giver." He is the kind of guy who "gets it" when it comes to the importance the birthday. I don't care how old you are, it's nice to get attention on your birthday. And since this is my blog, let me be honest, I love my husband but he does not always excel in the art of gift giving. It's even more noticeable now since he is setting an example for my two young sons.

So, last week it was my birthday and as I normally do, I expected very little. In fact my motto has become, expect nothing and you are usually not disappointed. Well, that was until this year. Not only did I expect nothing, that's about what I got. Now, don't get me wrong. I was just looking for a homemade card, jewelry from Target, nothing would have been too small or insignificant....well, except nothing. So, what I thought would be a fun birthday at my house turned out to be a regular Tuesday. The next day, I happened to mention my "slight" disappointment on the radio. This seemed to surprise my husband, or maybe I should say it shamed him. It shamed him so much in the days after my birthday I got a gift card and just today delivered to work, a dozen red roses!!! I should have complained about him on the radio years ago!!! I had no idea how beneficial the result would be! Happy birthday to me!!