Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back from vacation!

Well, it's hard to believe I have not been at my FM 100 home for a week. It was my family vacation time last week and we packed up the SUV (yeah, I know) and drove to beautiful Florida. Usually we stay on Scenic 98 in Destin, this time we made the move to 30-A.

Some rain, some sun, nice temps. Red flags on the beach most days (dangerous surf) but still, fun was had by all. Even with the move closer to Panama City, I found myself driving back to the places I know back in Destin......the outlet mall, Baytowne Wharf, and that cool shoe store. But of course, what vacation with kids would be complete without......yes, the most dreaded part of any trip.......a water park!! UGH!!! I am not a fan of water parks, but alas, I know my kids (and husband!) love them. So, I said, let's knock out the Big Kahuna visit early on so I can relax the rest of the trip. Mission accomplished. Checked that one off the list Monday!!

I do find it interesting that folks say they make the move to 30-A from Destin proper because it's not as crowded. Hmm, have they been to some of those 30-A communities lately??? Sure they are quaint, but there are a couple that couldn't be anymore crowded! And let me just say, maybe it's just me, but the last thing I want to do on vacation is be forced to ride a bike wherever I go. Let's see, let's stay so far away from the beach that we must bike to get anywhere. I do not feel the need for a bike with a basket to make my vacation complete. Too much work if you ask me! :)

So anyway, the vacation was a success. I am a bit tanner and a few pounds heavier, thanks to all that eating out vacation style!! (I don't cook while I am on vacation, it's vacation for goodness sake! But yes, ask my husband and this is a whole other topic we could discuss on air!)

Not sure where Ron said I was, but it was just the beach...I am back. I would post some photos, but I am the last person in the world who still uses a camera with film. Give me some time, I'll buy a new camera soon. And now that vacation is over, that means in the Perrin world, summer is just about done. School registration next week, then school starts the week after that. WOW!! Time flies.

K