Monday, June 2, 2008

Where is Karen?

Greetings all!! It is me Karen Perrin, finally blogging for the first time in weeks. Let me take this time to answer some FAQ's......


Q) Did you really have a surgery?
A) Yes, I had an ovarian cyst that was about the size of an orange. Since it was so large it had to be removed surgically (along with one ovary) thus the weeks of recovery time.


Q) Wow, you mean Ron was really telling the truth?
A) Yes, I know, it's an amazing thing. However, I have noticed he can not bring himself to say the word OVARY. Thus the confusion as to exactly what kind of surgery I had. I guess if it is a body part he doesn't have, he can't bring himself to utter the word on the radio.


Q) So, is everything okay?
A) Seems to be. It wasn't cancer and they only had to take the one ovary so that was all good to me!


Q) How are you feeling?
A) Better, thank you. I am still exhausted and fatigued. It is unbelievable how draining an abdominal (and I suppose any kind of major) surgery can be.


Q) Will you post a picture of your cyst on your blog?
A) I had entertained the thought, but I decided against it. I never saw my cyst nor did I have the need to bond with it once it was taken out of my body. :)


Q) Where is your cyst now?
A) Yes, someone really did ask that question (Steve!) but I do not know. It's wherever cysts go.


Q) Do you miss Ron?
A) Sure, in an odd way I suppose. I don't, however, miss getting up at 3:50am to see him everyday! But when I am waking up at 7:00am :) I do at least think of him (and Brett) and hope they are doing well.


Q) Do you miss your cyst?
A) No.


Q) What do you miss?
A) Leaving my home...going anywhere. After a surgery there is much bed rest required, so I am moving pretty slow. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. I also miss eating out, but I would like to take this time to thank all my friends, family and neighbors who were kind enough to bring food and to Ron for sending a huge arrangement of fruit.


Q) Who else would you like to thank?
A) All the nurses and staff at Germantown Methodist....they were WONDERFUL! We have many FM 100 listeners that work there!!


Q) When will you be back at work?
A) Probably next week sometime.....not sure if it will be Monday (sorry Ron!) but at some point next week. I will assess my situation closer to week's end.

Thanks to all for your concern, emails and prayers.

Talk to you soon !!

Karen