Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello...do you like my hat?




There is an article in the Tuesday Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper) about hats.


Hats.


It seems to me either you are a hat person or not. Sure, I’ve thrown on a baseball cap as needed on a rainy or bad hair day. But I have never worn a hat for fashion. The hats in today’s paper make me want to rethink that.


Sure, back in the day Princess Di could wear a hat like no other. These hats (like the one picture above) evoke that same classiness. I own cute hats…..a black one for winter….a floppy one for beachwear….a rhinestone studded ball cap so I can look like a stylish stay at home mom…..even thought I’m not.:) But I never seem to find the appropriate time to wear said hats.

Am I too chicken? Am I over thinking? Am I just not that kind of attention attracting person? While I don’t claim to be the most fashion forward person around, I should wear a hat if I feel so inclined. I should mention that it would be hard for me wear a brimmed hat to work…….wearing headphones everyday makes that a little more difficult. :)