Thursday, June 30, 2011

On The Way to a New Me ... Week One. :)

My re-entry into the world of fitness.

Some of you may have seen my fb posts, if not you may not be aware of my re-entry into the world of physical fitness. A week ago Saturday, my boys wanted to go to the gym/spa where we have a family membership. They wanted to play basketball. Fine, I told my husband that they could go and I’d just stay home. Well, he wouldn’t go for that. I dug deep into my closet and found my bright white workout tennis shoes….not new, just rarely used.  Off we went to the fitness center that we joined last year but visited less than 5 times. As my boys (now 8 and 11 years old) hit the gym, I ran into my neighbor Michelle who asked if I was there for the Zumba class. When I said no, she said “Oh you should so try it.” At this moment I realized, I had a choice to make….work out with my husband and listen to his ridicule of how out of shape I had become….or go to Zumba………………… I chose Zumba. :)


My thoughts on fb after the first class: “Went to a Zumba class over the weekend...it reminded me of trying to learn dance steps at cheerleading camp when I was in high school…feeling uncoordinated and at least one "8 count" behind! lol And I know, I know…if I drag myself to a 2nd class it will be better…..right? ;)”


My thoughts after the second class: “Just got back from Zumba, 2nd class ever. My thoughts: 1) Doesn't really matter how bad you are, everyone else is either trying to figure it out too or so good they just want to look at their own self and 2) It is almost as challenging to find a place to park when you go to work out in the evening. :)”


First class was Saturday, second class Monday….but no Zumba class offered at my gym on Wednesday…back up plan. My thoughts after I obviously thought working out twice put me in the mindset I could do all the workout stuff I did when I was 17! Lol


My next post was “Perhaps a tactical error in my new workout plan. No Zumba offered tonight, so I attempted a step class instead...seems it was an advanced class...lol. I left early but am sure gonna feel that tomorrow. :)”


And here was my post the morning after! “ update: I am indeed paying today for that master step class last night... even though I only stayed for half I should have left when she said we were using two step benches....one in front and one in back....ouch.”


Week two update to follow…..since I am in the middle of it now!

:)